Wednesday 26 October 2011

Costume Design for NutCrack Night



                                                             Nutcrack Night

Pif-Paf Arts allowed me to gain skills in which I was interested but not necessarily had the confidence to pursue. They have given me the confidence to venture into areas such as sculpture, performance and engineering. I have always challenged myself with unfamiliar aspects of my practice and felt it would develop my interest into the properties and manipulation of material. 

Working from a narrative,  I created a costume which was a challenging jump but very rewarding. I really enjoyed the process of creating a costume for a performance piece, allowing the viewer to be transformed with the story of the character to their unconscious. Exploring objects and our relational understanding is what I enjoy the most. I feel my practice thrives at its best when observing and experimenting with form, to experience the creative property of the material but for the object to also have a function. 

No comments:

Post a Comment