Friday 21 October 2011

First Year Work


                                          'Sink within the Sands'















In reflection, my first year work compromised of a lot of up and downs but in the end I attained a gorgeous set of work that I was truly proud of. Hand embroidered handkerchieves, roses and forgotten photographs formed as part of my first installation, I chose to move away from this practice in order to progress in the enjoyment of my making in the material process and narrative that we attach to symbolic items. This focus upon narrative, formed the basis to my end of year assessment; objects, photography and video work led to the unpicking of threads which I felt removed the threads but unconsciously the narrative of memory was still present. My work deals with the transformation of memory and the personal psyche, the stages of grief to acceptance and how we have use objects as an expression of our outer self.


 I wanted to explore the concept of memory and how we attach those to objects, as well as exploring my own narrative, the Dovedale shoot used the river to add a concept of forced time around these objects I created, I believe the following images to be successful in recreating the fragile formation of these memories in the natural environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment